We are looking for a Light-Duty or Heavy-Duty mechanic with experience working on Heavy Duty machines. This is a full-time position for our winter season, December through April. Must enjoy working outside in the snow with spectacular mountain views.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance of Snow Cats, Snowmobiles and various shop and lodge equipment.
- Responsible for limiting down time of Snow Cats and sleds.
- Responsible for Record Keeping of repairs and seasonal services.
- Responsible for communicating with road builders and drivers to remediate concerns they have with cats and provide repairs as required.
- Review log sheets, to ensure communication and proper records of performed work.
- Responsible for supplies: ensure adequate spare parts in stock for snow cats, and sleds.
- Cooperate with other departments, to assist with their needs as identified by Maintenance Manager. Such as snow removal, grocery orders, movement of freight.
- Delivery and pick up from terrain as may be required by guides.
- Participate in staff training, ERP training, and any other training set forth by Island Lake.
- Work as part of the whole Island Lake team, communicating and cooperating with all departments across the company.
Why Work at Island Lake?
- A friendly and positive team environment
- Competitive industry rate with generous gratuities
- Staff discounts on food, drinks, and merchandise
- Complimentary staff meals
- Product deals and discounts from our amazing partners
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Benefits package available to all permanent employees
- Opportunity to go Cat skiing