With over 30years of operation, Island Lake has gained a reputation for providing life changing experiences for both guests and staff alike. From a unique culinary program, to cat-skiing, biking, hiking, full spa and dedicated staff, Island Lake is a gem of the Canadian Rockies. www.islandlakelodge.com
Looking for First Cooks to fill our kitchen with passionate and creative people who want to create great food, working with locally farmed and foraged ingredients. You will be given the opportunity to learn and be creative.
- Employment for our Summer season (June - October) with opportunity for continued employment in our Winter Season.
- Keep a clean, sanitary, and safe work area, taking pride in cleanliness
- Able to follow specific cooking procedures or instructions
- Work in compliance with food safety and culinary plan as well as company policies and standards
- Tend to garden and forage for wild ingredients
- Prepare ingredients for smoking, curing, pickling, fermenting, brining, etc.
- Enjoys being creative and willing to learn new techniques
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience in the culinary field
- Great attitude towards learning and growing as a chef
- Must be reliable, organized and show initiative
- Ability to give and receive critical feedback in a positive way
- Culinary diploma or equivalent is an asset
- Food safe certificate is preferred
Why work at Island Lake?
- A friendly and positive team environment
- Competitive compensation
- 20% Staff discounts on food, drinks, and merchandise
- Complimentary staff meals
- Product deals and discounts from our amazing partners
- Complimentary staff shuttle from downtown to/from the Lodge for most shifts
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Health spending account for seasonal employees
- Opportunity for continued employments in our Winter season