With over 30years of operation, Island Lake has gained a reputation for providing life changing experiences for both guests and staff alike. www.islandlakelodge.com
If you thrive on meeting new people, have an “I got this” attitude, love the outdoors and fastidiousness could be your middle name, you just might be the glass slipper that's a perfect fit for this Cinderella of a job!
We are currently hiring Ambassador/Gate Attendants for our upcoming Summer season (Jun-Oct). This position is based at the Gatehouse of our lower parking lot. As an Ambassador, you are a representative of Island Lake Lodge, and often, the first point of contact for our guests and visitors. Using a friendly, welcoming disposition, you will greet guests, provide trail and property information, advise of terrain or facility closures and control gate access.
Shifts are comprised of a morning and evening shift with an afternoon overlap. The ideal candidate will be very comfortable working on their own while remaining in constant radio contact with the lodge team above. Using your knowledge of the resort and surrounding area, you will answer visitor inquiries as well as communicate updates to the lodge team.
- Emitting a fun and welcoming energy while greeting our guests
- A Friendly and warm disposition
- A professional and positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Work independently
- Able to work weekends and holidays
- Sharing knowledge of our Lodge, restaurants, hiking trails and explaining what facilities are open/closed that day– this is the most important part of this role, and a great way to flex your communication skills!
Why work at Island Lake?
- A friendly and positive team environment
- Competitive compensation
- 20% Staff discounts on food, drinks, and merchandise
- Complimentary staff meals
- Product deals and discounts from our amazing partners
- Complimentary staff shuttle from downtown to/from the Lodge for most shifts
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Health spending account for seasonal employees
- Opportunity for continued employments in our Wint