Hello fellow job scrollers! Are you seeking a new and fun workplace to be a part of? Well look no further and come join our Maintenance team at Island Lake Lodge. We have a full-time position available as our Maintenance Technician. Ideal candidates will have a wide range of skills, abilities and experience and a love for being outdoors in the mountains.
Maintenance Duties and Requirements:
- Responsible for the maintenance of buildings and outbuildings.
- Assist with managing the power supply relating to hydro-electric and diesel power during peak demand.
- Building maintenance personnel will work with the maintenance manager, contractors and other suppliers to ensure the functional integrity of company equipment.
- Provide routine maintenance on kitchen equipment, ovens, fridges, washers, dryers, and other building components in a timely manner.
- Record keeping of repairs and seasonal services. Including hydro huts, the dam, water room and boiler room logs.
- Work as a part of the whole island lake family, communicating and cooperating with all departments across the company
- General maintenance tasks such as building checks, sanding, staining and yard clean-up
- Assist with snow removal around buildings; guest entrances, balconies and decks as well as outbuildings, snowcat implements and guest cars
- Support operations with vehicle checks, shuttles, deliveries, washing cars and other duties as required
- Assist with set ups and tear downs of weddings, as per function sheets.
- Participate in staff training, ERP training, and any other training set forth by island lake resort group
Preference will be giving to applicants that possess the following:
- Experience in basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry work.
- OFA level 3
- Class 4 driver’s license
Why work at Island Lake Lodge?
- A friendly and positive team environment
- Competitive compensation
- 20% Staff discounts on food, drinks, and merchandise
- Complimentary staff meals
- Product deals and discounts from our amazing partners
- Complimentary staff shuttle from downtown to/from the Lodge for most shifts
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Health spending account for seasonal employees
- Opportunity for continued employments in our Winter season