With over 30years of operation, Island Lake has gained a reputation for providing life changing experiences for both guests and staff alike. From a unique culinary program, to cat-skiing, biking, hiking, full spa and dedicated staff, Island Lake is a gem of the Canadian Rockies. www.islandlakelodge.com
The Sous Chef has both managerial and culinary responsibilities; therefore he/she needs to excel in both domains in order to successfully conduct all the assigned duties. Strong background and valuable experience in the culinary field combined with excellent interpersonal and management skills are needed for this position. Strong proven record in teamwork and team building is necessary.
- Employment for our Summer season (June - October) with opportunity for continued employment in our Winter Season.
- Work with the executive chef to assist in the menu planning, plating design, costing, development and production of diversified menus in accordance with the company’s vision
- Train kitchen staff in order to provide the best results
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
- Make sure the sanitation and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish
- Make sure that the equipment is in good condition and report any malfunction before it affects the staff or the guests
- Efficiently produce and cook high quality, well balanced and healthy meals for our guests
- Kitchen management experience required
- Experience working in a fine dining setting
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship an asset
- Knowledge in wild, local and organic products beneficial
Why work at Island Lake?
- A friendly and positive team environment
- Competitive compensation
- 20% Staff discounts on food, drinks, and merchandise
- Complimentary staff meals
- Product deals and discounts from our amazing partners
- Complimentary staff shuttle to and from the Lodge for most shifts
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Health spending account for seasonal employees
- Opportunity for continued employments in our Winter season